In 1990, a group of Region VIII clinicians facilitated the establishment of Mountain/Plains Clinical Network (MPCN) as a program of CHAMPS. MPCN encompasses all health care providers working at Region VIII community, migrant and homeless health centers, and also includes National Health Service Corps (NHSC) participants working in Region VIII.
Note: Click HERE to download an electronic flyer providing an overview of MPCN.
Please feel free to distribute this flyer to other interested parties.
The mission of Mountain/Plains Clinical Network (MPCN) is to facilitate the professional, administrative, and educational development of all Region VIII CHC providers to ensure the delivery of the highest quality of care, eliminate disparities, and increase access.
The strategic goals of MPCN, as set out duirng the MPCN strategic planning meeting in October of 2009, include: reaching out to MPCN members; education and training; partnerships and outreach; and a provider resource library.
A steering committee of Region VIII clinicians guides CHAMPS’ clinical programs to ensure that these programs and other clinical services meet the needs and challenges of MPCN. The MPCN Steering Committee is comprised of up to four representatives from each state in Region VIII; two medical providers, one oral health provider, and one behavioral health provider.
Follow the links below for:
- A list of Current MPCN Steering Committee Members
- Upcoming Steering Committee Conference Calls and Meetings
- MPCN Organization/Operational Guidelines
If you are interested in becoming an MPCN Steering Committee member, please contact the CHAMPS Clinical Programs Director.
MPCN has delivered a number of successful programs in the areas of quality improvement, clinical research, patient and provider education (including provision of Continuing Medical Education hours), resource development, networking and communication. MPCN activities are designed to enhance health centers' recruitment and retention of choice clinicians and to support the provision of excellent clinical services in Region VIII health centers.
Please follow the links below to learn more about the following current MPCN programs:
- Annual Primary Care Conference
- Distance Learning Opportunities – Live and Archived Webcasts
- Other Face-to-Face and Teleconference Trainings, including Spanish Language Intensives and Immunization Updates; link to our Events & Trainings page for more details.
Please link to our Calendar of Events for information about upcoming educational opportunities.
Clinical and Cross-Disciplinary Tools
- Online Clinical Tools and Resources
- Online Cross-Disciplinary Resources
- Videos/CD-ROMs/DVDs for Purchase
- CHAMPS Lending Library
- MPCN Steering Committee
- CHAMPS Clinicians' Listserv
- Networking Opportunities including Annual Primary Care Conference
- Region VIII Health Center Directory (Members Only)
- CHAMPS Staff