CHAMPS 2022-2023 Organizational Membership Year: April 1, 2022 – March 31, 2023
Community Health Association of Mountain/Plains States, your Regional Primary Care Association, is dedicated to supporting the Community Health Centers of Region VIII, in partnership with our State Primary Care Associations (SPCAs), so you can better serve your patients and communities. Your organization provides vital services to the underserved populations of Region VIII, and CHAMPS strives to do the same for each of the Region’s health centers and SPCAs. Organizational Membership in CHAMPS provides free or discounted access to outstanding professional development opportunities and publications, as well as valuable connections to health center colleagues and other support organizations regionally and nationally. We are all so fortunate to be a part of an incredible state, regional, and national network – the Community Health Center Movement – that has over a half-century history of responsiveness and resilience. The work and mission of CHCs has never been more important than now and CHAMPS remains in steadfast support of Region VIII CHCs.
Please click or scroll down for:
2022-2023 CHAMPS Board Member Forms
2022-2023 CHAMPS Organizational Membership Benefits
CHAMPS Products, Activities, and Services
According to the CHAMPS Bylaws, each member health center shall designate two representatives, one administrative and one clinical, to serve on the CHAMPS Board of Directors. Each member State Primary Care Association shall designate two representatives to serve on the CHAMPS Board of Directors, these representatives shall be the Executive Director of the SPCA (or his/her designee) and a representative chosen by the Executive Director or the President of the SPCA.
The CHAMPS Standards of Conduct and Conflict of Interest Survey are components of a robust CHAMPS Corporate Compliance program, and are designed to provide safeguards preventing CHAMPS employees, agents, officers, and members of the Board of Directors from (1) using their positions for purposes that are or seem to be motivated by private financial or other gain, and, (2) from inappropriately disclosing confidential information about CHAMPS. Each must be completed, signed, and returned to CHAMPS annually.
- Two seats on the CHAMPS Board of Directors (one BOD meeting annually).
- Free access to all CHAMPS Live and Archived Distance Learning Events (webcasts, podcasts, Project ECHO Learning Communities, Communities of Practice, etc.) developed in 2022-2023.
- Up to two free copies of the 2022 CHAMPS Region VIII Health Center Salary, Benefits, Turnover, and Vacancy Survey Report as well as priority access to the electronic version of this salary/benefits report, plus free electronic copies of the 2022 CHAMPS Region VIII Health Center Staffing and Productivity Expectations Reports.
- Option to participate in the CHAMPS Employment Screening Preferred Pricing Program (PPP), offering discounts on employment screening products offered by screeningONE, a global background screening company (health center Organizational Members only).
- Discounted registration fees for CHAMPS-sponsored intensive trainings including Spanish Language for Health Care Professionals, CORE Competencies for Health Center Supervisors & Managers, and Next Level Skills for Health Center Supervisors & Managers.
- Discounted registration fees plus opportunities for registration and clinical travel reimbursement for the CHAMPS/NWRPCA Annual Conference.
- Access to the Members Only section of the CHAMPS Website including a searchable Region VIII health center directory and printable CHAMPS salary survey reports.
- Direct advertising of newly active Job Opportunities Bank (JOB) postings to job seekers.
- Quarterly CHAMPS Board of Directors Digests, containing CHAMPS, HRSA, NACHC, and other updates relating to upcoming trainings, new resources, and more.
- Check the CHAMPS Happenings box on the left side of the homepage of the CHAMPS website for new CHAMPS offerings. Also explore the rest of the CHAMPS website:
- About Us for an overview of CHAMPS plus information about the Mountain/Plains Clinical Network, health centers, and Primary Care Associations.
- Events & Trainings detailing opportunities for continuing professional development and peer networking through live, internet-based, and archived conferences, seminars, and workshops.
- Tools & Products with publications and resources to help health centers recruit, train, and retain the personnel required to maintain a high-quality and effective organization, including a focus on health center boards of directors plus other clinical, quality improvement, recruitment and retention, and cross-disciplinary issues such as cultural competency, emergency preparedness, needs assessment, and more.
- Job Opportunities Bank to search and post open positions at the health centers and Primary Care Associations of Region VIII.
- Links to additional support and information of interest to health centers including Primary Care Associations (PCAs) and National Training and Technical Assistant Partners (NTTAPs) across the nation.
- Contact Us with CHAMPS staff bios and contact information.
- Site Tutorials for brief video guides introducing the CHAMPS website as a whole, focusing on clinical resources, focusing on Quality Improvement resources, and focusing on workforce resources.
- View and share the following with more information about CHAMPS programming:
- CHAMPS and Partner Trainings/Conferences:
- CHAMPS Communications:
- CHAMPS Programs Flyers:
- CHAMPS Website Flyer
- Mountain/Plains Clinical Network (MPCN) Flyer
- Outreach and Enrollment Resources Flyer
- Special and Vulnerable Populations Programs Flyer
- Workforce Programs Flyer (plus Education Health Center Initiative [EHCI] Brochure and Employment Screening Preferred Pricing Program Flyer)
- Region VIII Health Center Advocacy Flyer