The following resources have been compiled to help you research opportunities for continuing professional development and peer networking through live, Internet-based, and archived conferences, seminars, and workshops. These opportunities include CHAMPS’ and other regional and national events and trainings.
- Project ECHO Learning Communities
- Upcoming Live Distance Learning Events
- Online Archived Distance Learning Events
- Distance Learning Library
- Other Online Learning Resources
- CORE Competencies for First Time CHC Supervisors and Managers Training
- Next Level Skills for CHC Managers and Supervisors Training
In Winter 2020, the Academy of Integrative Health and Medicine (AIHM) offered an opportunity for one CHAMPS Organizational Member health center clinician to be awarded a full scholarship (valued at $24,000) to participate in the AIHM Fellowship Program. The application period for this opportunity has now closed.
If you have any questions please contact the CHAMPS Clinical Quality Improvement Director.
Event Overview: Each April, CHAMPS offers medical Spanish language training for clinicians at Region VIII health centers. This training is an intensive, conversational, and medical Spanish workshop consisting of medical dialogues, role-plays, visual aids, cross-cultural discussions, and daily practice. The course curriculum provides an experience of immersion learning, an approach that is highly suitable for those with limited time, and who must use their new language skills immediately with their Spanish-speaking patients.
In addition to the traditional four-day Medical Spanish Course for Beginner and Intermediate Spanish Speakers, three two-day Spanish language courses are available: Medical Spanish for Advanced Spanish Speakers, Spanish for Oral Health Providers, and Spanish for Behavioral Health Providers.
The 2022 event has concluded, please check back at the end of the year for information on the 2023 event.
Please contact the CHAMPS Clinical Quality Improvement Director with any questions.
Event Overview: The 2022 CHAMPS/RMPHTC Resiliency Collaborative was an online facilitated peer group for Region VIII health center staff. Each session shared didactic information and was highly activity-focused, incorporating the practice of mindfulness techniques, meditation, practical body awareness exercises, journaling, goal setting, etc. This collaborative was open to clinical, administrative, and support staff of Region VIII CHCs. Recordings of each session can be found below.
- May 6: Reflecting on the Pandemic: Where Have We Been and Where Are We Going? with Molly Molloy, LCSW
- June 3: Secondary Trauma: Basic Skills to Activate Resilience with Andrew Laue, LCSW
- July 1: Opening to the Presence of Peace and Joy with Gina Pate-Terry, LCSW
- August 5: Resilience Practice Skills: Connection with Andrew Laue, LCSW
- September 2: Rewriting your Future with Molly Molloy, LCSW
Please contact the Clinical Quality Improvement Director with any questions.