Stay informed and connected throughCHAMPS events, trainings, and products!
CHAMPS provides a multitude of events, trainings, products, and services designed to support Region VIII Community Health Centers (CHCs) in serving their patients. These conferences, webcasts, teleconferences, publications, online resources, pocket cards, etc. are aimed at CHC staff and board members and provide continuing education, networking opportunities, and ongoing professional development.
Don’t know where to start? Check out the CHAMPS Site Tutorial.
Looking for clinical resources? Check out the CHAMPS Clinical Site Tutorial.
• New: Registration Open for Critical Skills for First Time CHC Supervisors and Managers CORE Competency Training
• New: Registration Open for Spanish Language Training for Health Care Professionals
• New: Region VIII 2015 UDS Summary and Highlights Flyer
• New: Preferred Pricing Program for Employment Screening Services
• New: Breastfeeding Resources
Learn more about CHAMPS events and products by linking to:
• CHAMPS Calendar of Events
• Distance Learning – Webcasts and Teleconferences
• Annual Primary Care Conference
• CHC Board Resources
• Patient Education Tools
• Clinical Activities and Resources
• Recruitment and Retention Resources
• Cross-Disciplinary Resources
• Outreach and Enrollment Resources
• Publications and Electronic Media
Working in Region VIII
Are you ready to make a difference? Work for a Community Health Center!
Visit the CHAMPS Job Opportunities Bank (JOB) to explore clinical and administrative career opportunities at Community, Migrant, and Homeless Health Centers (CHCs) and related organizations in Colorado, Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Utah, and Wyoming (Federal Region VIII).
Sign up for the monthly CHAMPS Job Opportunities Bank (JOB) Email to receive a listing of recently posted health center positions right in your inbox.
Watch CHAMPS: Working at Health Centers in Region VIII to hear directly from providers and staff what they enjoy about working at a health center!
CHCs provide high-quality, affordable, and accessible primary health care to predominantly indigent, medically underserved, and underinsured populations in a wide range of communities, from inner cities to rural frontiers. Working for a CHC is a unique experience, with an abundance of advantages over careers in other types of health-care organizations, including:
• Potential Scholarship and/or Loan Repayment Funds
• Professional Malpractice Costs Covered
• Mission-Driven Environment
• Support Network
• Commitment to Clinical Quality
• Community Governed
CHAMPS is grateful to our generous members and honored to serve as the Region VIII Primary Care Association.
CHAMPS organizational membership is open to the Community Health Centers (CHCs) and State Primary Care Associations of Region VIII (CO, MT, ND, SD, UT, and WY). This support is vital and allows CHAMPS to meet its mission of supporting Region VIII CHCs so they can better serve their patients.
In exchange for supporting CHAMPS’ educational, recruitment and retention, and clinical services, current members will receive the following benefits for the April 2016 – March 2017 membership year:
• Two seats on the CHAMPS Board of Directors
• Free access to online CHAMPS Live and Archived Webcasts
• CD-ROM copies of CHAMPS Archived Webcasts
• Two free copies of the 2016 CHAMPS Region VIII Health Center Salary, Benefits, Turnover, and Vacancy Survey Report
• Option to participate in the annual CHAMPS/CliftonLarsonAllen Financial Benchmarking Project
• Option to participate in the Region VIII Health Center Preferred Pricing Program for Employment Screening Services
• Discounted registration for CHAMPS face-to-face trainings including Spanish Language for Health Professionals, CORE Competency Training for New CHC Supervisors/Managers, and Critical Skills for Mid-Level Managers
• Discounted registration plus opportunities for registration and clinical travel reimbursement for the CHAMPS/NWRPCA Annual Conference
• Access to the Members Only section of the CHAMPS Website
• Direct advertising of newly active Job Opportunities Bank (JOB) postings to job seekers