CHAMPS Happenings - NEW!
Stay informed and connected – check out CHAMPS events, trainings, and products...
CHAMPS provides a multitude of events, trainings, products, and services designed to support Region VIII Community Health Centers (CHCs) in serving their patients. These conferences, webcasts, teleconferences, publications, online resources, pocket cards, etc. are aimed at CHC staff and board members and provide continuing education, networking opportunities, and ongoing professional development.
Not sure where to start? View the CHAMPS Website Tutorial to find out all the resources and services CHAMPS offers.
Be sure to check out:
• Registration Open - 2014 Region VIII Health Center Workforce Data Webcast
• New - Clinic Library
• New - Fall 2014 Newsletter
• Updated - Evidence Based Clinical Guidelines
• New - 2014 Region VIII Health Center Salary, Benefits, Turnover, and Vacancy Survey Report
• New - 2013 Region VIII BPHC Uniform Data System (UDS) Summary
• New - COPE-REMS Continuing Medical Education for Safe Opioid Prescribing
Learn more about other CHAMPS events and products by linking to:
• CHAMPS Calendar of Events
• Distance Learning – Webcasts and Teleconferences
• Annual Primary Care Conference
• CHC Board Resources
• Patient Education Tools
• Clinical Activities and Resources
• Recruitment and Retention Resources
• Cross-Disciplinary Resources
• Outreach and Enrollment Resources
• Publications and Electronic Media
Working in Region VIII
Are you ready to make a difference? Work for a Community Health Center!
Visit the CHAMPS Job Opportunities Bank (JOB) to explore clinical and administrative career opportunities at Community, Migrant, and Homeless Health Centers (CHCs) and related organizations in Colorado, Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Utah, and Wyoming (Federal Region VIII).
Watch CHAMPS: Working at Health Centers in Region VIII to hear directly from providers and staff what they enjoy about working at a health center!
CHCs provide high-quality, affordable, and accessible primary health care to predominantly indigent, medically underserved, and underinsured populations in a wide range of communities, from inner cities to rural frontiers. Working for a CHC is a unique experience, with an abundance of advantages over careers in other types of health-care organizations, including:
• Potential Scholarship and/or Loan Repayment Funds
• Professional Malpractice Costs Covered
• Mission-Driven Environment
• Support Network
• Commitment to Clinical Quality
• Community Governed
CHAMPS is grateful to our generous members and honored to serve as the Region VIII Primary Care Association.
CHAMPS organizational membership is open to the Community Health Centers (CHCs) and State Primary Care Associations of Region VIII (CO, MT, ND, SD, UT, and WY). This support is vital and allows CHAMPS to meet its mission of supporting Region VIII CHCs so they can better serve their patients.
In exchange for supporting CHAMPS’ educational, recruitment and retention, and clinical services, current members will receive the following benefits for the April 2014 – March 2015 membership year:
• Two seats on the CHAMPS Board of Directors
• Free access to online CHAMPS Live and Archived Webcasts
• CD-ROM copies of CHAMPS Archived Webcasts
• One free copy of the 2014 CHAMPS Region VIII Health Center Salary, Benefits, Turnover, and Vacancy Survey Report
• Option to participate in the CHAMPS UpToDate Group Purchasing Offer (GPO)
• Option to participate in the CHAMPS/CliftonLarsonAllen Financial Benchmarking Project
• Discounted registration for CHAMPS face-to-face trainings including Spanish Language for Health Professionals
• Discounted registration for the CHAMPS/NWRPCA Annual Conference with travel reimbursement for some attendees
• Access to the Members Only section of the CHAMPS Website
• Direct advertising of newly active Job Opportunities Bank (JOB) postings to job seekers