The mission of the Community Health Association of Mountain/Plains States (CHAMPS) is to provide opportunities for education and training, networking, and workforce development so that Region VIII (Colorado, Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Utah, Wyoming) Community Health Centers can better serve their patients and communities.
Stay informed and connected through CHAMPS events, trainings, and products!
CHAMPS provides a multitude of events, trainings, products, and services designed to support Region VIII Community Health Centers (CHCs) in serving their patients. These conferences, webcasts, teleconferences, publications, online resources, etc. are aimed at CHC staff and board members and provide continuing education, networking opportunities, and ongoing professional development.
• RFP Open: Leadership Development Training Faculty
• Register Now: How to Complete the 2024 Region VIII Salary Survey Tool
• Register Now: Next Level Skills for Health Center Supervisors and Managers
• Register Now: Spanish Language for Healthcare Providers
• Now Celebrating: 2023 CHAMPS Awardees
• Now Available: Climate Change and Environmental Health Resources
Learn more about CHAMPS events and products by linking to:
• Calendar of Events
• Distance Learning Events
• Annual Primary Care Conference
• CHC Board Resources
• Patient Education Tools
• Clinical Activities and Resources
• Recruitment and Retention Resources
• Cross-Disciplinary Resources
• Outreach and Enrollment Resources
• Publications and E-Communications
Working in Region VIII
Are you ready to make a difference? Work for a Community Health Center!
Visit the CHAMPS Job Opportunities Bank (JOB) to explore clinical and administrative career opportunities at Community, Migrant, and Homeless Health Centers (CHCs) and related organizations in Colorado, Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Utah, and Wyoming (Federal Region VIII).
Sign up for the monthly CHAMPS Job Opportunities Bank (JOB) Email to receive a listing of recently posted health center positions right in your inbox.
Watch CHAMPS: Working at Health Centers in Region VIII to hear directly from providers and staff what they enjoy about working at a health center!
CHCs provide high-quality, affordable, and accessible primary health care to predominantly indigent, medically underserved, and underinsured populations in a wide range of communities, from inner cities to rural frontiers. Working for a CHC is a unique experience, with an abundance of advantages over careers in other types of health-care organizations, including:
• Patient-Directed and Patient-Centered Care
• Mission-Driven Environments
• Commitment to High Quality Care
• Strong Support Networks
• Growing Need for CHC Professionals
• Potential Scholarship and/or Loan Repayment Funds
• Coverage of Professional Malpractice Costs
CHAMPS is grateful to our generous members and honored to serve as the Region VIII Primary Care Association.
CHAMPS Organizational Membership is open to the Community Health Centers (CHCs) and State Primary Care Associations of Region VIII (CO, MT, ND, SD, UT, and WY). This support is vital and allows CHAMPS to meet its mission of supporting Region VIII CHCs so they can better serve their patients.
In exchange for supporting CHAMPS’ educational, recruitment and retention, and clinical services, current members will receive the following benefits for the April 2023 – March 2024 membership year:
• Two seats on the CHAMPS Board of Directors (one BOD meeting annually).
• Free access to all CHAMPS Live and Archived Distance Learning Events developed in 2023-2024.
• Up to two free copies of the CHAMPS Region VIII Health Center Salary/Benefits Survey Reports as well as priority access to the electronic versions of related reports.
• Option to participate in the CHAMPS Employment Screening Preferred Pricing Program (PPP) (health center Organizational Members only).
• Discounted registration fees for CHAMPS-sponsored intensive trainings including Spanish Language for Health Care Professionals Courses and Health Center Supervisor/Manager Skills Courses.
• Discounted registration fees plus opportunities for registration and clinical travel reimbursement for the NWRPCA/CHAMPS Annual Conference.
• Access to the Members Only section of the CHAMPS Website including a searchable Region VIII health center directory and printable CHAMPS salary survey reports.
• Direct advertising of newly active Job Opportunities Bank (JOB) postings to job seekers.
• Quarterly CHAMPS Board of Directors Digests, containing CHAMPS, HRSA, NACHC, and other updates relating to upcoming trainings, new resources, and more.
This website is supported by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) as part of an award totaling $720,000 with 26% financed with non-governmental sources. The contents are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily represent the official views of, nor an endorsement, by HRSA, HHS, or the U.S. Government. For more information, please visit HRSA.gov.